From an obscure beginning in a one-room Marceline office in 1937, the Walsworth firm has enjoyed phenomenal growth during each of the years it has been in business and today is recognized as one of the leading publishers of quality yearbooks in the United States.
- BILL & BILL’S SERVICE STATION – Keytesville, Missouri
- LOUNSBURY’S – Keytesville, Missouri
- PRATHER REXALL STORE – Keytesville, Missouri
- Compliments of DR. J.D. DORRELL – Keytesville, Missouri
- H.D. GARNETT FUNERAL HOME – Keytesville, Missouri
- ARENSMEIER MOTOR CO. – Keytesville, Missouri
- KEYTESVILLE CIGAR & TOBACCO STORE – Keytesville, Missouri
- WALTHER HARDWARE – Keytesville, Missouri
- PETERS I.G.A. –
The first telephone exchange in Marceline was built about 1896. Four years after it went into operation, it was purchased by the Western Telephone Company of Princeton, Missouri. Ira B. Hyde and his sons, Arthur and Ben, owned a substantial part of the Western Telephone Company and were actively engaged in managing the company.… > More >
Charles Kienast, who was our local cigar manufacturer, was a native of Illinois, having first seen the light in La Salle county, that state, October 25, 1862. In 1869 his parents removed to Marshall County, Kansas, and he grew up on the farm to the age of seventeen, doing the usual work of … > More >
The Myers Clothing Company which was established in 1896 came into being through the business insight and integrity of Sam Myers. He came to Marceline from his native France and in 1906 was joined by his brother Carl and family from Alsace Lorraine and the firm of Myers Brothers, was established.
Upon the death … > More >
FIFTH PAPER OF CITY ONCE SERVED BY 4 WEEKLIES, ONE DAILY
The Journal is believed to have been the first paper, started early in 1888 by the efforts of … > More >
In 1949, Harry M. Bunton moved to Marceline, and from the small original four-room house purchased at that time, now exists a twenty-two room modern nursing home located at 519 North Spruce Street. The Nursing Home interest began when he saw a need for care for old folks. In the years from 1950 through 1954, … > More >
In 1955 Mrs. Thelma Braley purchased the rest home which she now operates as the King Rest Home at 215 West Walker in Marceline. At that time the home supported six guests and was largely lacking in the modern facilities now required for the procurement of a State license.
In the past eight years … > More >