American Legion Auxiliary

The Auxiliary Unit of the Theodore Roosevelt Post No. 264 of the American Legion, Marceline, Missouri, was organized October 5, 1920, with the following charter members: Mrs. Vivian Lancaster Mrs. Belle Stuver, Mrs. Rosa Roof, Miss Marguerite Roof, Mrs. Mary Lancaster, Miss Blanche Svensson, Mrs. Ailah Steiner, Mrs. Ruth Heryford, Mrs. Olga Scott, Mrs. Frances … > More >

Boy Scouts of America

Troop 99 – Marceline, Missouri

The Boy Scout movement in Marceline began in 1911 with the Rev. J. D. Mendenhall as Scoutmaster of Troop #1, sponsored by the Methodist Church.

Leaders in this movement through the years have been Rev. E. V. Claypool, Rev. Fred J. Smith, Rev. F. E. Edwards, Rev. George P. Sturgis, … > More >

Marceline Coordinated Welfare Council

It was through the letter from the Social Planning Committee of the Marceline Community Chest, sent to all Federated Clubs and organizations in April 1950, that the group now known as Marceline Co-ordinated Welfare Council was started.

On May 1, 1950 under the sponsorship of the Theodore Roosevelt Post #264 and Auxiliary twenty-five persons representing … > More >

The Marceline Community Players

The Marceline Community Players came into being August 17, 1962, when about sixty enthusiastic players presented the Musical Comedy “Here Comes the Showboat” by Robert St. Clair, under the direction of Mrs. Fleeta Rodgers at the Walt Disney Amphitheatre.

A crowd of eleven hundred greeted the singers, dancers and a cast of players who performed … > More >

The Marceline Recreation Board

The Marceline Recreation Board was formed under the auspices of the City Council and appointed by the Mayor to provide recreational facilities and activities for the people of Marceline.

The Recreation Board was first formed in March of 1962 and the Mayor appointed Bob Murray, Paul Johnson, John Klumb, Eugene Crippin and Sondra Lake to … > More >

Marceline Carnegie Library

The Carnegie Library was founded after a petition to the Carnegie Corporation was filed with the City Council on March 19, 1917. On May 21, 1917, the Andrew Carnegie Foundation notified the City Council that $12,500 would be allowed the City of Marceline for a library building, the city promising to maintain the library by … > More >