In March 1888 he entered the drug business with his father and Dr. La Dow on West Santa Fe Avenue. The drug store was moved in 1889 to the building where Elmo’s Drug Store is, and again in 1890 moved to the location now occupied by the Lohmar’s Drug. Mr. Taylor continued in business there until May 1930.
Mr. Taylor served as grand high priest of the grand chapter Royal Arch Masons, state of Missouri from April 1926 to April 1927. He was an active member in Masonic circles until his death.
Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, the former Jessie Null, moved to Marceline and resided on West Santa Fe Avenue. They had two sons, Verne, deceased, and Willard Lee who resides in Chicago. The family home is still in the family being owned by Mrs. H. W. Rodgers and Mrs. Roy A. Richardson.