The Grand Aerie of the Fraternal Order of Eagles was organized February 6, 1898, at Seattle, Washington, and has 2000 subordinate units or aeries with 1,250,000 members.
Marceline Aerie #726 Fraternal Order of Eagles was chartered May 25, 1904, and held their meetings in the rooms above the Marceline State Bank building for some time. In 1913 they built a new building on East Gracia Street. In 1918 the lodge sold the building to the Catholic Church for a school. They then met at several different places until they bought the building at 109 North Kansas Avenue. On March 31, 1962, the building burned down and the present plans are to rebuild at the same location.