In 1874 Warren and Sarah E. Buck Wolfe with their growing family, migrated from Williamsfield, Illinois, to Chariton County, Missouri, and a short time later to a farm home two miles west of Marceline. There the seven sons and four daughters grew to adulthood.
The second son, in order of birth, was Frank M. Wolfe, born June 14, 1868. A determined and resourceful person, Mr. Wolfe obtained his education in country schools and gave his early years to farming. In 1903, the Frank Wolfe family moved to Marceline where he became prominent in business and church circles. He was first associated with Gucker & Wolfe, Implements; then Hutchinson-Wolfe Furniture; and in 1909 was appointed postmaster where he served four years. In 1914 he established the first auto sales agency in Marceline, and this agency continues in the Wolfe-Briggs Chevrolet Co.
In December 1894, Frank M. Wolfe and Mabel E. Burch, daughter of Dennison D. and Stella P. Burch, were married. Three daughters were born – Ruby, Tessie, and Ferne. Today they are Mrs. H. R. Wolf and Mrs. H. V. Boddy of Marceline and Mrs. F. O. Judy, of Washington, D.C. This family has been active for more than 60 years in the life of the Methodist church, lodge, club, and other organizations.
Two other grandchildren of Warren Wolf reside in Marceline – Mrs. F. H. Schutte, daughter of Arzelia Wolfe Smith, and Ralph H. Wolfe, son of Willard Wolfe.